In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1listo para la cámaracamera-readycamera-ready copy — copia lista para la cámara feminine
- The Editorial Office of The Auk became the Production Office in July, 2002, producing The Auk in camera-ready format.
- We use 4-colour process film, if you will be supplying camera-ready artwork.
- I didn't know anything about actual layout and camera-ready art.
- Worse yet, in those days our typesetting equipment could not handle Hebrew fonts, and so they had to leave blank spaces in the camera-ready copy and then paste in Hebrew words that had been photocopied from the Victorian original.
- Authors nowadays produce their own as camera-ready copy or get someone else to do so.
- A. The majority of the artwork was camera-ready.
- But to me, they looked exactly like pieces of pre-Macintosh camera-ready mechanical artwork, the kinds of things I saw every day of the first 10 years of my professional life.
- The Bulletin is not reproduced from camera-ready copy.
- I'm using it for my book so I can send it to them essentially camera-ready.
- This is the eighth and final volume of camera-ready documents edited by the distinguished but long-retired former Reader in Commonwealth Government, A. F. Madden.
- A camera-ready manuscript should be a red flag for evaluating the quality of a book.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.