In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1teléfono celular cámara masculine Latin Americacelular cámara feminine Latin Americateléfono móvil cámara masculine Spainmóvil cámara masculine Spain
- Honda has imposed a blanket ban on camera phones in a bid to stop industrial espionage.
- The camera phone has turned everyone into a potential paparazzo.
- Here is a pic of me taken with my company-provided camera phone yesterday.
- Every young person there had their camera phone, taking pictures.
- An optional Bluetooth adaptor is ideal for camera phones, too.
- The guy that sat next to me used his camera phone to take approximately 73 pictures of himself in his seat.
- A nineteen year-old has been given a six month custodial sentence for using his camera phone to take pictures in court.
- Even the phone manufacturers have a strict policy towards the use of camera phones on their premises.
- She was surrounded by a group of awestruck teenagers all snapping away on their camera phones.
- A client at Aldgate has just emailed me a thoroughly depressing picture they took on Thursday morning on their camera phone.
- I knew I got a camera phone for a reason.
- I saw countless people taking pictures with camera phones.
- One major success for the firm has been sales of camera phones.
- The habit of banning camera phones simply follows the banning of ordinary cameras in many places.
- At least two other teenagers filmed the cruelty on camera phones.
- The news media were not the only ones to capitalize on these camera phones.
- The advent of the camera phone will see to that.
- At the same time, camera phones outsold digital still cameras by almost four to one.
- Wait till you see what people captured with their own camera phones.
- Some clubs have policies banning camera phones or even cell phones from the gym facilities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.