In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1camarógrafo masculinecamarógrafa femininecameraman feminine Latin Americacámara masculine Spain
- The cameramen filmed the explosion of a Pembroke aircraft, for a new spy series, The Sandbaggers, which goes out in September.
- The announcers and cameramen handled it professionally.
- What is less well remembered is that one in five of the reporters and cameramen covering the event were sent to the hospital.
- In the programme's opening credits, a cameraman on a large pulley produced a brilliant camera angle.
- To capture this took a heady mix of patient cameramen, infra-red cameras and ultra high-speed video.
- After a cut, the video camera pans right and a cameraman appears in long shot holding a film camera.
- Officers watched the crowd through binoculars and police cameramen filmed participants' faces.
- Her car was pursued by a caravan of newspaper reporters, while television cameramen hovered overhead in helicopters.
- It was especially bad for directors, but also cameramen and actors, who had a very poor standard of life.
- When you announce that one of your staff was hurt, you expect phone calls from the families of all these reporters and cameramen.
- The cameramen were filming the event, and the ever-present director was narrating.
- Photographers and television cameramen were allowed to take pictures of the two leaders just before the start of the session.
- Police forced the cameramen to discontinued filming the fight as Burns stumbled to the ground.
- Mick Westerman, the video cameraman, wondered if he was a better golfer than commentator.
- Crowds screamed at the soldiers while the task force attempted to stop cameramen from filming.
- He was a cameraman, a director and an editor who had a gut reaction to a story and was passionate about his craft.
- There are lives that unravel completely, with only a cameraman and a sound engineer as witnesses.
- I understand that he probably wasn't able to afford a professional cameraman.
- The drama, on Sunday November 25, was captured on videotape by an Afghan cameraman.
- Scenes of devastation are recorded by TV cameramen daily until the mind goes numb.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.