In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(a la que asisten fieles que acampan en el lugar) reunión adventista feminine
- A tent on the outskirts of the refugee camp was staffed by religious personnel who had a nightly assembly, a camp meeting.
- In August 1832, Captain Auld experiences religion in a Methodist camp meeting.
- Other celebrations include the Root Festival the first week of May and the Talmaks celebration, which consists of an early summer camp meeting sponsored by the Presbyterian church.
- Beginning in 1875, Penn organized camp meetings and found great pleasure and self-satisfaction in leading these meetings.
- Some historians have compared this meeting to the Cane Ridge camp meeting that took place in 1801.
- Barton Stone, one of the founders of the camp meeting movement that revolutionized Baptist life in the American South, encountered conversion testimonies first among Virginia Baptists.
- During a camp meeting in 1819, Zilpha Elaw became convinced that she had been called to preach the gospel.
- For example, in 1836 his camp meeting revival at Broad Ripple (later Indianapolis) was threatened by Irish canal workmen.
- In the fall of 1847, he was converted in a camp meeting held at Bluff Springs, Tennessee.
- This last week I was listening to Adrian Dennis, a pastor from the Grand Canyon in Arizona, at a camp meeting.
- Diggs remembers Mackall, his mother, and siblings singing in churches and at camp meetings across Calvert County.
- Many of the rural people who attended camp meetings heard an organ played for the first time, and they were delighted with the experience.
- They are as American as the Fourth of July, these sensationalist preachers who nowadays crowd the TV screen and in earlier days brought thousands into camp meetings.
- Pike contextualizes the phenomenon of Neopagan festivals by pointing to other historical forms of religious gathering, such as evangelical camp meetings and spiritualist conventions.
- If you're a nondenominational Protestant whose main experience of men of the cloth comes from camp meetings, Bible studies, and altar calls, the sight is even stranger.
- Another perilous incident occurred at a camp meeting near San Marcos.
- From August 7 to 12 we will be going to the original location of Victoria Settlement for a great cooperative evangelical camp meeting.
- As adherents grew in number, spiritualist camp meetings began to be common, and some groups established permanent spiritualist centers.
- In July 2004, Carter celebrated his fiftieth year as an ordained minister by serving as the keynote speaker at its annual camp meeting.
- Its class meetings, love feasts, and camp meetings were major engines of revivalism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.