In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In addition, there are a plethora of villas, three campgrounds and quaint bed-and-breakfast inns.
- We'd left early in the morning, so it was just past noon when I pulled into our campground.
- We'd sleep in the car, at campgrounds, in the motor home, and in cheap motels.
- The resorts, which range from campgrounds to luxury hotels, often welcome yachters, and several of them offer either moorings or marina accommodation, at a price.
- Saturday nights at the campground were always the same.
- Heather walked into the campground, seeing it was deserted.
- At Gold Bluffs Beach campground, 25 campsites hunker in the dunes, with a tent-flap view of powerful waves.
- Officers then made the rounds to area resorts and campgrounds to warn tourists of the attack and possible presence of the big cat.
- It was more of a campground than it was a school, but the facilities were used for school purposes.
- A few lights from campfires at the canyon campground flickered in the distance.
- A few years later, Camp Roosevelt enrollees also developed the forest for outdoor recreation by building hiking trails, campgrounds, and visitor comfort stations.
- Overnight accommodations range from hotels and inns to cottages and campgrounds.
- He pointed to a little campground with a designated campfire place and some benches.
- The lake has two boat ramps popular with anglers in summer and a campground with a sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, and a basketball hoop.
- The lake has several exceptional lakeside resorts, along with eight developed public campgrounds.
- Many visitors to the park were turned away from campgrounds over the weekend due to rotating strikes by employees.
- We keep a notebook in the glove compartment to record the gas mileage, the name of a favorite restaurant, or a campground we wished we could have stayed in.
- In summer, beaches along the Baltic Sea, seaside resort towns, and lakes, forests, and campgrounds in the countryside are visited by vacationing Lithuanians.
- Summer homes and area campgrounds had to be evacuated.
- You may camp with your horse in the campground by either using the hitching posts located throughout the campground or by using picket or high lines, taking measures to ensure that horses don't eat or damage the trees.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.