In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Heather walked into the campground, seeing it was deserted.
- It was more of a campground than it was a school, but the facilities were used for school purposes.
- A few years later, Camp Roosevelt enrollees also developed the forest for outdoor recreation by building hiking trails, campgrounds, and visitor comfort stations.
- In summer, beaches along the Baltic Sea, seaside resort towns, and lakes, forests, and campgrounds in the countryside are visited by vacationing Lithuanians.
- Many visitors to the park were turned away from campgrounds over the weekend due to rotating strikes by employees.
- The lake has two boat ramps popular with anglers in summer and a campground with a sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, and a basketball hoop.
- We'd left early in the morning, so it was just past noon when I pulled into our campground.
- Saturday nights at the campground were always the same.
- Summer homes and area campgrounds had to be evacuated.
- Overnight accommodations range from hotels and inns to cottages and campgrounds.
- The resorts, which range from campgrounds to luxury hotels, often welcome yachters, and several of them offer either moorings or marina accommodation, at a price.
- He pointed to a little campground with a designated campfire place and some benches.
- In addition, there are a plethora of villas, three campgrounds and quaint bed-and-breakfast inns.
- We keep a notebook in the glove compartment to record the gas mileage, the name of a favorite restaurant, or a campground we wished we could have stayed in.
- A few lights from campfires at the canyon campground flickered in the distance.
- At Gold Bluffs Beach campground, 25 campsites hunker in the dunes, with a tent-flap view of powerful waves.
- We'd sleep in the car, at campgrounds, in the motor home, and in cheap motels.
- You may camp with your horse in the campground by either using the hitching posts located throughout the campground or by using picket or high lines, taking measures to ensure that horses don't eat or damage the trees.
- Officers then made the rounds to area resorts and campgrounds to warn tourists of the attack and possible presence of the big cat.
- The lake has several exceptional lakeside resorts, along with eight developed public campgrounds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.