In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1British(area for tents)camping masculinecampamento masculine
- There are the remains of about half a dozen campsites, and the campers have just left tons of rubbish.
- Sure, there is a sandy Mediterranean beach a few miles away, and campsites, restaurants and bars catering for families on holiday in the new century.
- Today's campsites are well equipped and beautifully located, with all mod cons to hand.
- They plan to either turn it into a playground or build a garage or a campsite if an owner does not come forward.
- Good campsites are plentiful here, but the more basic Department of Conservation sites offer the opportunity to park with basic facilities in pristine wilderness areas.
- Eight years ago we spent a week in a tent on a clifftop campsite in Whitby.
- Our campsite is probably only half full and most of the summer houses haven't been opened up yet.
- Two giant campsites have been set up for the protesters.
- There are plenty of campsites, as well as cabins for hire.
- Yesterday morning Hawes Tourist Information Centre only received one call about bed and breakfast accommodation, but lots of inquiries about campsites.
- There are few public campsites and very few shops along the trail where you can buy food, so the best and easiest bet is to stay at B&Bs.
- Somewhat surprisingly for a country with such extreme landforms, Namibia lends itself to self-drive safaris using campsites or lodges for accommodation.
- Countryside campaigners have won their battle to defeat a multi-million-pound plan to transform two of the biggest campsites in the New Forest.
- If your budget is tight rent a safari-equipped vehicle, camp in recognised campsites and hire a guide when you feel that you need one.
- There are many campsites and static caravan sites.
- There are campsites, caravans or cheap B&B's on both sides of the river.
- The sociable, friendly atmosphere of most campsites means that the pastime is ideal for those looking to make new friends, or for something more.
- There are some particularly picturesque campsites in the surrounding countryside which could provide an alternative to B&B or a hotel.
- Retailers, hotels, holiday camps, campsites and caravan parks have all reported increased business.
- Although there were no outbreaks of the disease in East Yorkshire, visitor numbers slumped after rights of way and campsites were closed.
2US(place for one tent)lugar de acampada masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.