In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(disease)cáncer masculinecancer of the breast — cáncer de mama
- a cancer in our society — un cáncer de nuestra sociedad
- before noun cancer patient — enfermo de cáncer
- Denos died last Wednesday after a long battle against cancer and the lung disease emphysema.
- Members suffer from illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and asthma.
- Most stomach cancers form a tumour or an ulcer in the inner lining of the stomach.
- The single greatest cause of most skin cancers is excessive exposure to sunlight.
- The biggest killer of children last year was not cancer or natural diseases but road accidents.
- The goal of chemotherapy in people with early cancers is usually to kill the cancerous cells and to cure the condition.
- A large number of people with cancer overcome the disease and live fulfilled lives for many years.
- Cases progress slowly resulting in chronic liver diseases, cirrhosis and cancer.
- Some of those volunteers will develop cancer, heart disease or mental illness.
- In almost all bladder cancers, the cancer cells show a loss of part of the long arm of chromosome number 9.
- As with many cancers, the best way to diagnose testicular cancer is with an operation.
- Consider why the patient has consulted; many are worried about heart disease or cancer.
- Diseases caused by aberrant gene expression include viral diseases and cancer.
- The knowledge gained could cure cancer, prevent heart disease, and feed millions.
- Skin cancers are the most common form of cancer in the West, particularly in people such as farmers who are exposed to lots of sunlight.
- Pesticides have also been associated with a series of other diseases, including cancer.
- Vital research will include finding new drugs to treat diseases such as cancer.
- They have become the main providers of funding for research into cancer and heart disease.
- Despite the advances in treatment in recent years, cancer remains a distressing disease.
- The cream is applied to a skin cancer and given time to be absorbed by the malignant cells.
- Certain cancers and treatments are associated with specific fears.
- The city is a regional centre for the treatment of many diseases, including cancer and heart disease.
- Malignant tumours are the real cancers and they behave quite differently from benign tumours.
- In particular, it is thought to cause mesothelioma, a cancer of the outer lining of the lung or the abdomen.
- Almost all oral cancers are squamous cell carcinomas caused, in the majority of cases, by smoking and drinking.
- This may predispose people to conditions such as cancer and heart disease.
- Because sunburn changes the skin's DNA, it has been linked to skin cancers.
- Lymphoma is a general term for a group of cancers that originate in the lymphatic system.
- The experiment shows that not all cancers are destined to become malignant.
- They will also ask if anyone in your family has had endometrial cancer or other related cancers.
- The growth of a cancer has a different path of development from that of the healthy body.
- Some cancers present few if any symptoms and cause few problems and little to no pain.
- Leukaemia is the name for a number of cancers of the white blood cells.
- As doctors we are all too aware of the natural causes of death, such as cancer and heart disease, the top killers.
- In almost all cancers, the cancer cells are found to have a mutation in one or more genes.
- Stopping smoking can help to slow the progress of the condition and help to reduce the chances of lung cancer.
- I gave up smoking because I didn't want to die prematurely of cancer or heart disease.
- Exercise can help reduce obesity, which is related to the cause of several cancers.
- Other lung conditions such as lung cancer will need to be ruled out as part of the diagnosis.
- Exercise does not just lower our chances of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
2.2(constellation, person)Cáncercáncercanceriano masculinecanceriana femininesee also Aquarius
- Depression is a cancer of the soul, it eats away at the core of who you are and replaces it with doubt and pain and fear.
- Those people are a cancer in our society and they deserve to be in jail.
- Domestic violence in America is on the rise and we need to be aware that it is a cancer in our society.
- People need to devise their own ways of controlling and correcting their youth lest they become the cancer of the community.
- the financial services industry is like a cancer in our society.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.