In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We have a 15-inch demo and a 50-inch demo, and have achieved 600 candelas per square meter generating 1 millimetre sized pixels.
- SI (Système Internationale d' Unites) uses seven different fundamental units, the meter, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, candela, and mole.
- According to the spec sheet, the FP231W is supposed to deliver about 250 candelas / square-meter of brightness.
- Nits are also a measure of luminance, in so many candela per square metre.
- These types of detectors should be calibrated in lumens/amps, which allows easy calculation of candela values.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.