In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(frank)abiertofrancosincerowhat's your candid opinion? — dime francamente lo que opinas
- Jennifer said her husband inspired many people by being candid about his own strife.
- It is not everyday that you find an autobiography so disarmingly direct and candid.
- It is hard to get candid comments from people who must continue to work with the subject after the book is out.
- The series offers a candid, fascinating look at what factors shape a person's character.
- Corporate tax people need to be candid and straightforward about all that information.
- It is also pretty candid and honest and written by someone who writes well, even if what he is saying is sometimes contentious.
- Only in unique relationships can a CEO afford to open up, be candid, be vulnerable.
- It says something very simple and familiar to every reader, but it says it in a way which manages to be totally direct and candid.
- You would hope that all of those who are interviewed would be truthful and candid and forthcoming.
- It was refreshing to see a film which is completely open and candid about complex ideas about what a particular woman wants.
- We need everybody to be truthful and candid when they're interviewed by the police.
- This is the most honest, candid, and intelligent discussion I've read of this topic.
- Ford always seemed candid about his personal life; his closet was reserved for fine clothes, not guilty secrets.
- Such candid discussion, I was told, was unprecedented in a dual-gender public forum.
- His flaw was his indispensable virtue: he was direct and candid in telling the unvarnished truth.
- He failed in his duty to be candid with the British people.
- It is helpful to identify a person or a group of people with whom we can have an open and candid relationship.
- At the very least, we need to have a frank and candid debate about what we're getting for what we're giving up.
- What shocked me is how candid he was in some of his answers and how straightforward he was.
- The director was remarkably candid about making the leap from Europe to Hollywood, and working with stars of the calibre of Owen.
- And although they don't go in for photocalls, we're allowed to snap candid shots during the video shoot.
- No, what you want are candid shots of groups of people relating to each other.
- What were they thinking when they allowed a relative in the press to take candid photos of her for distribution?
- Dijkstra deliberately walks a line between posed and candid shots.
- The popularity of candid shots also has inspired a new generation of wedding albums.
- He was one of the first photographers to take candid shots on the street, and his style has influenced generations.
- The viewer is left under no illusion: these are not candid shots of real people living real lives.
- Sofia dailies were rivalling each other in coming out with candid photos of the two.
- This album is intensely intimate, just like the candid photos of the band in the CD booklet.
- Karen mouthed silently as she snapped a few candid photographs of the two women.
- I liked to take candid shots of people and places, and the park was one of my favorite places to go.
- In our time of candid, instamatic and digital photography, this is a tome to treasure.
- The main picture on the front page is a candid shot of the rock band.
- The light was fantastic; the shots, experimental candid shots of strangers were so-so.
- Peyton's work may be said to simulate a posed fashion shot, his a candid photo.
- The idea is inspired by a character in the play who takes candid photographs from inside a box.
- From all the wedding phots, this looks the most natural, very candid and spontaneous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.