In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(confectionery)golosinas femininedulces masculine River Plate Latin America
- More than most candies, fudge requires precision in temperature and technique.
- I answer through a mouthful of chocolate candies.
- At one store, they found a very large assortment of fine candies and chocolates.
- Chew sugarless gum, suck on sugarless candy, and drink plenty of unsweetened fluids.
- These are hard peppermint candies with a chocolate filling.
- Albanians enjoy a variety of candies, cookies, custards, sweet breads, and preserves.
- Other studies of potato chips and chocolate candies show drastic increases in snacking when the subject is given a larger bag of food.
- It didn't take long to arrive at Sweet Treats, her favourite candy store in Greenwood, where all varieties of chocolates and candies were sold.
- I pass the video games and unattended snack bar, noting that there are candies on display.
- And the restaurant sells its own line of chocolate candies, brownies, and sumptuous dessert toppings from a retail counter up front.
- Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
- Unlike refined sugars found in candy and desserts, these simple sugars bring energy in a nutritious way.
- I stocked up on some sugar free candy for the train trip, and strolled back.
- Children and adults wearing braces have to be aware of candies with caramel and nuts.
- First prize was a large piece of maple-sugar candy with walnuts.
- These sweeteners are most often found in sugar-free candies, gum and ice cream.
- But most cereals are full of sugar and flavored like candy, cookies or doughnuts.
- Simple sugars such as candy and sodas will give you a quick energy high and then drop you flat in mood and strength.
- Write down everything that you eat including cakes, candies and snacks.
- Use a variety of candies to decorate, like raisins, red hots, gum drops, etc.
2(individual piece)caramelo masculinedulce masculine River Plate Latin America
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.