In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(confectionery)golosinas femininedulces masculine Latin America River Plate
- And the restaurant sells its own line of chocolate candies, brownies, and sumptuous dessert toppings from a retail counter up front.
- Simple sugars such as candy and sodas will give you a quick energy high and then drop you flat in mood and strength.
- It didn't take long to arrive at Sweet Treats, her favourite candy store in Greenwood, where all varieties of chocolates and candies were sold.
- But most cereals are full of sugar and flavored like candy, cookies or doughnuts.
- These are hard peppermint candies with a chocolate filling.
- Unlike refined sugars found in candy and desserts, these simple sugars bring energy in a nutritious way.
- I answer through a mouthful of chocolate candies.
- Albanians enjoy a variety of candies, cookies, custards, sweet breads, and preserves.
- Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
- Write down everything that you eat including cakes, candies and snacks.
- Other studies of potato chips and chocolate candies show drastic increases in snacking when the subject is given a larger bag of food.
- More than most candies, fudge requires precision in temperature and technique.
- Children and adults wearing braces have to be aware of candies with caramel and nuts.
- I stocked up on some sugar free candy for the train trip, and strolled back.
- These sweeteners are most often found in sugar-free candies, gum and ice cream.
- Use a variety of candies to decorate, like raisins, red hots, gum drops, etc.
- At one store, they found a very large assortment of fine candies and chocolates.
- I pass the video games and unattended snack bar, noting that there are candies on display.
- First prize was a large piece of maple-sugar candy with walnuts.
- Chew sugarless gum, suck on sugarless candy, and drink plenty of unsweetened fluids.
2(individual piece)caramelo masculinedulce masculine Latin America River Plate
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.