In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1azúcar de caña masculine
- Once in solution, granule size was no longer an issue, and the differences between cane sugar and beet sugar disappeared.
- The spirit used for fortification comes from a variety of different sources and could be based on grapes, sugar beet, cane sugar, agricultural by-products, or even petroleum.
- The drinking chocolate contains Fairtrade cocoa beans and cane sugar from the Caribbean and Africa.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for cane sugar in many recipes, and its use as a standard sweetener is only the beginning.
- If your primary source of fermentable sugars is cane sugar then you're not really making beer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.