In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine cáñamomasculine cannabismasculine hachísmasculine cannabis
- The Liberal Democrats cower behind a feeble pledge to establish a Royal Commission on cannabis.
- The drug dealers used the switches on heated lamps to grow their cannabis.
- Last March, cocaine, ecstasy and cannabis resin were found at Rear Cross on the Tipperary border, and at Hyde Road in Limerick.
- They believe the factory had grown at least one full crop of cannabis plants.
- The leaves, stalks and seeds of the cannabis plant look like greeny-brown tobacco.
- They found drugs, including cocaine and cannabis resin, together with drugs equipment.
- The Government will not make any moves to legalise cannabis in this term of Parliament.
- The plant, cannabis sativa, is native to Asia, but is now widely cultivated in Europe.
- He added that more information about the health risks of using cannabis also needed to be made available.
- Heroin and cannabis resin with an estimated street value of £120,000 was seized by the Garda National Drugs Unit as part of Operation Jumbo.
- Should more research be done into the use of cannabis to treat arthritis?
- Why then would the Government ignore all of this and refuse to review the status of cannabis?
- Increasing numbers of teenagers are using cannabis, according to a recent health survey.
- Attitudes towards cannabis among the police, many politicians and the public are changing.
- However, they are brought into contact with criminals every time they purchase cannabis.
- Thus published data do not support the characterisation of cannabis as a risk factor for mortality.
- They seized some cannabis bush and cannabis resin from a caravan in the back garden and the couple were arrested, but a thorough search of the house revealed no further drugs.
- When he was arrested in a cul-de-sac police found 12 kilos of cannabis in his van.
- Police issued a warrant to search the youngster's home where a small quantity of cannabis was found.
- So that is a fairly large population of people out there who are using cannabis.
- On searching the defendant's bedroom he found a container with enough cannabis resin to make 35 cigarettes.
- When officers went to arrest her they found she was growing cannabis plants.
- Dr Martin forward a private members' bill to decriminalize cannabis in some circumstances.
- Moreover, as the judge rightly said, there was no evidential basis upon which he could conclude that these transactions might have related to Class A drugs and not cannabis resin.
- The St Peter's School pupils were found out when one, a 15-year-old girl, was discovered with a cigarette lighter, cigarette papers and cannabis resin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.