In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine cáñamomasculine cannabismasculine hachísmasculine cannabis
- Why then would the Government ignore all of this and refuse to review the status of cannabis?
- The drug dealers used the switches on heated lamps to grow their cannabis.
- They found drugs, including cocaine and cannabis resin, together with drugs equipment.
- Moreover, as the judge rightly said, there was no evidential basis upon which he could conclude that these transactions might have related to Class A drugs and not cannabis resin.
- He added that more information about the health risks of using cannabis also needed to be made available.
- So that is a fairly large population of people out there who are using cannabis.
- When he was arrested in a cul-de-sac police found 12 kilos of cannabis in his van.
- On searching the defendant's bedroom he found a container with enough cannabis resin to make 35 cigarettes.
- Attitudes towards cannabis among the police, many politicians and the public are changing.
- They believe the factory had grown at least one full crop of cannabis plants.
- When officers went to arrest her they found she was growing cannabis plants.
- The Liberal Democrats cower behind a feeble pledge to establish a Royal Commission on cannabis.
- However, they are brought into contact with criminals every time they purchase cannabis.
- The plant, cannabis sativa, is native to Asia, but is now widely cultivated in Europe.
- Heroin and cannabis resin with an estimated street value of £120,000 was seized by the Garda National Drugs Unit as part of Operation Jumbo.
- Dr Martin forward a private members' bill to decriminalize cannabis in some circumstances.
- Should more research be done into the use of cannabis to treat arthritis?
- Thus published data do not support the characterisation of cannabis as a risk factor for mortality.
- Last March, cocaine, ecstasy and cannabis resin were found at Rear Cross on the Tipperary border, and at Hyde Road in Limerick.
- The St Peter's School pupils were found out when one, a 15-year-old girl, was discovered with a cigarette lighter, cigarette papers and cannabis resin.
- They seized some cannabis bush and cannabis resin from a caravan in the back garden and the couple were arrested, but a thorough search of the house revealed no further drugs.
- The leaves, stalks and seeds of the cannabis plant look like greeny-brown tobacco.
- The Government will not make any moves to legalise cannabis in this term of Parliament.
- Increasing numbers of teenagers are using cannabis, according to a recent health survey.
- Police issued a warrant to search the youngster's home where a small quantity of cannabis was found.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.