In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1derecho canónico masculine
- Within the Church of England canon law had, until 1969, allowed for the use of exorcism, provided that permission was obtained from the diocesan bishop.
- This was when the notion of a consensual, holy, and indissoluble bond was most refined and carried into the greater world by canon law and church courts.
- Secondly, the study of Roman and the church's canon law from the late eleventh century provided much of the language and many of the ideas for thinking about the state.
- In carrying out this responsibility, Lutherans adapted received Catholic canon law and the procedures of ecclesiastical courts to the civil realm.
- He also repairs the historical amnesia of the document through a detailed review of theology, canon law, and papal pronouncements on slavery over the centuries.
- Eventually the church regulated marriage through canon law.
- During this period the Maronite Church came into full communion with the Western Church; it preserved its own hierarchy, liturgy and canon law and its patriarch was made directly subject to the pope.
- The bishop submitted his resignation, as required by canon law, when he became 75 years old on November 3, 1999.
- Bishop Murphy said, in his opinion, the current debate about the status of canon law and civil law is an academic one.
- Legal historians frequently define themselves by the variety of law they study: canon law, common law, or custom.
- Since a civil court could not determine what is or is not required by canon law, it must accept the university's own determination of its obligations.
- According to canon law, the powers of the bishops' conference, except in matters liturgical, are almost entirely advisory.
- It acquires the status of canon law in a series of three church councils in the sixth and seventh centuries.
- On the one hand, the bishops seemed simply to ignore many of the requirements of the natural law expressed in canon law.
- The university had freely chosen to be governed by canon law and to obey the Vatican's declarations, and if they were inconsistent with academic freedom, so be it.
- The Church has centuries of canon law - canon law which the American bishops did not use - specifically designed to deal with such offenses.
- The tensions between civil law and canon law are mentioned in Dignan, pp.46-52.
- Among Anglicans, responsibility for the good order of the Church is placed in the hands of bishops by custom, rites of ordination, and canon law.
- They looked at canon law and Church bureaucracy and argued that it bred inefficiency, graft, injustice, worldliness and immorality.
- Surprisingly, there is no rigorous distinction between the two terms in canon law or in theological dictionaries - or for that matter in legal dictionaries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.