In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Then on July 1, the two were reportedly spied canoodling at a pub in North London. ‘She spent the whole evening all over Johnny,’ a source reported.
- Wandered into work this morning only to find a sealed envelope on my keyboard, containing anonymously-delivered blackmail-type photographic evidence of me and a certain other person canoodling at a Christmas party last year.
- Local kids play badminton on paths between immaculately manicured gardens, while at dusk, couples canoodle on wrought-iron benches under banyan trees that drape elegantly into the slow-flowing Pearl River.
- Rather than wanting a homemaker who thinks more about cup-cakes than canoodling, modern man is after a sexually confident woman who is not shy about paying her own way.
- Pammy and Tommy, who were joined on the break by their two sons, were spotted canoodling as they checked into the exclusive Four Seasons Hotel.
- Moments later, he was in the back of a stretch limo with two young women to demonstrate that 18th - century London was a whirl of binge drinking, swearing and canoodling.
- Two hundred children at Warneford school, near Swindon, have boycotted lessons and staged a rally on the playing fields to protest against a ban on classroom canoodling.
- So they were together, canoodling, and literally kissing and making-out for the paparazzi.
- An onlooker revealed, ‘They were cuddling, canoodling and kissing.’
- The brunette beauty was spotted canoodling with the veteran actor, who is 20 years her senior, at a party in Los Angeles..
- The pair have been seen taking romantic walks together and canoodling while enjoying breakfast in a swanky eatery.
- The Oscar-winning actor, who has a daughter from a previous relationship, was spotted canoodling with the mystery blonde on a beach in Miami.
- Recently, several magazines ran photos showing the two canoodling on a hotel balcony.
- Time was when the young couldn't wait to flee the nest, as they were never allowed so much as to canoodle under the parental roof; now only the stuffiest refuse to admit that the unmarried have sex lives.
- The Oscar-winning actor and the sexy actress were seen at Miami Beach's Prime 112 restaurant looking very much the couple, while onlookers claim they were canoodling during a recent night out at Amika Loft Lounge and Discotheque..
- By the pool, couples are canoodling in red plastic pods which seem to contain water beds.
- The smitten pair, who began dating in 2003, celebrated their engagement by canoodling in a Los Angeles restaurant, surrounded by friends.
- Peaceful beauty spots where you can sit and canoodle with your beloved become rowdy picnic sites, littered with fast food cartons and empty drink cans and populated by teenage gangs with nothing to do but chuck stones at the wildlife.
- The series had been the first on US television to show a married couple canoodling in bed - obviously it was a particularly nice feeling.
- The tattooed wild child was spotted canoodling with the British singer at London's Umbaba nightclub on Friday night.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.