In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The only social group with the power and motivation to destroy capitalism is the working class.
- The capitalists are seeking to integrate Europe in order to strengthen capitalism.
- But what matters for capitalism is not just the level of profit but the rate of profit.
- Workers have always moved around the world, from the birth of industrial capitalism.
- This is the basic economic pattern of patriarchy, which is a different thing to capitalism.
- Nor can we be said to have pure capitalism anymore than the Soviets had pure communism.
- She advocates the control of the excesses of capitalism by regulation and government.
- With the advent of industrial capitalism most of this became a problem for the ruling class.
- The two crises of capitalist globalization cannot be resolved within capitalism.
- Where the motive for charity is altruism, and the motive for capitalism is profit?
- Marx argued that capitalism could not be patched up to make it a fair system.
- We could also look to another source, the father of modern capitalism, Adam Smith.
- Opinion is divided on how to date both capitalism and the industrial revolution.
- If socialism was not superior to capitalism, its existence could not be justified.
- Lenin says we have to confront capitalism at a political, not just an economic, level.
- At the heart of capitalism is an ongoing class struggle between capital and labour.
- They saw it as a chance to create a third force between capitalism and Communism.
- Under capitalism all profit is ultimately the result of the exploitation of the workers.
- Surely the spread of democratic capitalism can only benefit American prosperity?
- It's said that only the united power of industrial workers can crush capitalism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.