In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2(person)Capricornio masculinecapricornio femininecapricorniano masculinecapricorniana femininesee also Aquarius
- Start taking notice of those familiar signals that you're overdoing it, Capricorns: like feeling cranky, exasperated, on overload.
- Chaos is something Capricorns prefer to avoid.
- As a Capricorn, you probably think you already have all the answers to this week's cosmic conundrums.
- Rams, like Capricorns, always know best - for everyone else.
- Like Christopher Robin's Eeyore, Capricorns adore a worst-case scenario, which brings out their best.
- For trivia buffs, Helen's own daughter is a Capricorn, and has been working as the production manager on Lord of the Rings.
- Capricorns get annoyed when things don't work.
- He tells Capricorns that the ‘laws of karma seem to have been suspended in your vicinity.’
- And something to start doing that's absolutely necessary Capricorns, is asking for - and then accepting - help when you need it.
- The Sun then conjoins Saturn in Gemini on Sunday, June 9, raising the awareness of Leos and Capricorns of the need for solid structure in order to move forward.
- Because when it comes to letting go, well, Capricorns often find their little fingers all stiff and cramped from the grip they've had on whatever they should be relinquishing.
- But that's giving you a big chance to dance to a different drumbeat - to do things a different way for a change, Capricorns.
- You may be pinned down by Saturn, still soaking up your time and money for what you trust is a good cause, but its ongoing link with Jupiter promises the kind of controlled expansion that Capricorns relish.
- Existence is just set on getting closer to you, Capricorns.
- By the way, I'm a Leo and my husband is a Capricorn, and those Sun sign charts say we'd never make it.
- Encourage the prudent, overconventional Capricorns to get in touch with their animal origins with goat's milk soap from Senteurs de Provence.
- Despite the hard time you give yourselves, existence has always been madly in love with you Capricorns.
- All young people can benefit from the guidance of a Capricorn, although most will find their lessons on the need for patience frustrating.
- Many a Capricorn becomes self-employed, for which they are ideally suited.
- If you have the misfortune to fall in love with a Capricorn, remember two words: prenuptial agreement.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.