In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The other advantage is that, since the capsule is swallowed whole, the garlic isn't digested until it reaches the stomach.
- Fish oil capsules or supplements containing large amounts of para-aminobenzoic acid can elevate blood sugar.
- She was accidentally given an overdose of the painkiller diamorphine by a GP, apparently in a mix-up over near-identical capsules containing vastly different amounts of the drug.
- High and low dose tablets or capsules were indistinguishable in all aspects of their outward appearance.
- In China, six million boxes each containing 30 capsules of the drug were sold last year under the brand name ‘Shoubishan’.
- He said he was taking the medicine but the capsules looked different.
- An inquest in 2000 was told the GP had apparently mixed up near-identical capsules containing vastly different amounts of the drug.
- If capsules or beads from the capsules are not swallowed whole, you could overdose on this medicine.
- One solution is to teach children to swallow tablets or capsules whole as early as possible.
- We went to our local health food store and bought a bottle containing 30 capsules for $17.99.
- The number of capsules that you take depends on the strength of the medicine in the capsule and the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- The capsule can be opened and the beads sprinkled on food for youth who have problems swallowing tablets or capsules.
- Most tablets and some capsules contain fillers, binders, or excipients (substances that help keep the herb dry during manufacturing).
- For those patients who have trouble swallowing capsules they recommend a compounding pharmacist prepare a syrup suspension.
- He was a very bright, socially sensitive, and insightful young man whose complaint was that he could not swallow pills or capsules.
- Based on these assumptions, she and other witnesses testified that they believed Tegan had been poisoned with time-released capsules containing caffeine.
- If you are taking the sustained-release capsule: swallow the capsule whole.
- We haven't seen research comparing fish oil capsules to meals containing fish, so we don't know if they are equivalent.
- Simply squeeze the oil from six vitamin E capsules into a small cup, add about 5 teaspoons of black cohosh cream, and stir.
- Many people have an easier time swallowing capsules than they do swallowing ordinary tablets.
- At this stage the capsules contained either dividing sporocytes or just formed tetrads in both species.
- That is, these mosses have peristome teeth which are formed by walls growing between the rows of cells making up the mouth of the spore capsule.
- The fruits are rounded, leathery 1-to 2-inch capsules containing one to three large poisonous seeds.
- For example, in mosses the sporophyte is a capsule atop a slender stalk that grows out of the top of the gametophyte.
- The leaves of the great poplar he climbed in gleamed as though polished; bead-like fruit dangled, inviting young hands to burst the green capsules open and release the fluffy seed.
- Small distinguished M. brittonii from the southeastern United States by its larger leaves, flowers, and capsules.
- In actuality they are waterproof capsules containing a long radical of germinated seed ready for growth when proper conditions are encountered.
- The akee is to be eaten at the peak of ripeness, just after the capsule splits, an occurrence which is often followed by a race between man and bird to reach the succulent fruit first.
- A developmental process termed dehiscence, in which the fruit ruptures in a predetermined fashion, effects the release of seeds from a dry capsule or other fruit form.
3space capsulecápsula espacial feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.