In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1teléfono de automóvil masculine
- Jerry's car is stolen; when he calls his car phone, he winds up in a conversation with the thief.
- They say that the car phone has become a feature of modern society that is here to stay and what we have to do is to ensure that they are used with safety in mind rather than not at all.
- As her car headed up a long incline, Sara picked up her car phone and dialed Michael's number.
- The car console combines the car phone and stereo with diagnostic, traffic and navigation data, and even location-based services such as hotel details or reservations.
- For the utmost in winter car safety you may wish to purchase a car phone to make keeping in touch easier.
- She called 911 from her car phone, but operators struggled to figure out where she was located as they listened to the attack occur.
- I picked up the car phone and dialed them up and after a couple of rings someone finally picked it up.
- You don't want your spouse on the road without a car phone, because it's a rough world out there.
- The user enjoys all the benefits of a car phone with external GSM antenna, excellent audio quality in hands-free mode, and comfortable operation tailored to the needs of the driver.
- On the way he spent much of the time on his car phone, being briefed about the growing panic.
- Alan was the only person in the area who had a car phone.
- In 1925, Germany saw the first demonstration of a car phone.
- ‘I'm sorry, Paulie,’ Christopher mumbles into his car phone.
- Don't use your car phone while parking your car.
- Even a scene in which Erin learns over her car phone that her infant daughter has spoken her first word invites us to marvel at her compassion.
- Once they got in, Wesley reached out for the car phone and dialed the number of St. John School.
- That's when I began hitting him about the head and shoulders with the car phone…
- I remember paying more than $1, 000 for a car phone.
- Paya was just a few seconds down the road when she got a call on her car phone.
- The car phone rang, and he pressed the answer button on the car's dashboard.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.