In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(burnt sugar)caramelo masculinebefore noun caramel sauce — caramelo masculine
- Return to high heat and stir until caramel sauce comes to a rolling boil, 1 to 2 minutes.
- One of the trio of caramel desserts would suffice.
- Cosi adds caramel to its hot apple cider, which tastes like ‘hot liquid homemade apple pie.’
- You make a caramel with sugar and water, and then add red wine to it.
- Heat until melted, stirring occasionally (chopsticks do a good job) until caramel is smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Two ramekins held a rich custard made with cream cheese, maple syrup, and caramel.
- As with malt whisky, the dark rums are aged in oak barrels and caramel is added to produce extra colour.
- The skinned nuts are cooked with a syrup boiled to the caramel stage.
- Bring to the boil to make the caramel, which should be a golden tan colour.
- It washes the palate with the semi-sweet flavors of caramel, vanilla and spice that gradually subside in a creamy, long lasting finish.
- Cover the bottom of each ramekin with some reserved caramel and set aside in the refrigerator until set, about two minutes.
- My dessert was an apple tarte tatin with caramel ice cream, and it is one of the best desserts I have ever tasted.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the sugar, water, and corn syrup to a caramel until golden brown.
- We gorged ourselves on boardwalk treats: caramel apples, cotton candy, salt water taffy, hot waffles and ice cream.
- For desserts, Canopy offers caramel custard, pastries or pudding, along with tea and coffee.
- Dip apples into hot caramel and turn until completely coated.
- Both caramel and sugar syrup are legal and freely discussed additives.
- For the final course, I made a caramelized apple and fennel tart with caramel sauce and lemon custard ice cream.
- Dessert, miniature pear tarte tatins with little pools of caramel and crème anglaise, arrived just as the first toasts began.
- It was a delicious combination of warm apple, sweet caramel and fresh ice-cream.
2(confectionery)caramelo hecho a base de leche y azúcar
- It has a caramel on top with a few pieces of almond.
- Sample truffles, caramels, hazelnut pralines, raspberry creams, almond butter crunch, handwhipped fudge, chocolate cigars and ice cream to die for.
- Here, you can have these chocolate-covered caramels as reparation.
- I'm eating a chocolate caramel bar and staring out at the quite determined sheets of white rain.
- As confectionery, they differ depending on the temperature at which they are cooked: fudge is the softest, toffee firmer and caramel almost brittle.
- The foil appears to be from Rolo chocolate-covered caramels.
- Fill a pail with your choice of 300 different kinds of candy sold by the pound, including caramels, licorice, and atomic fireballs.
- Soft creamy caramels, vanilla and white chocolates are the lighter hues that are in big demand.
- All day long and all the year round they made crackers; they made ornaments for wedding-cakes; they made caramels; they made acidulated drops; they made things unnamed except by children.
- Off he went to think up new recipes for 30 varieties of truffles and pralines, caramels and rose and violent creams, all created on the Water Street premises.
- A bag of suckers, chocolate cupcakes, caramels, jawbreakers and licorice all went into the bag first.
- Godiva sells its chocolates in selections - nuts and caramels in one box, dark chocolates in another, truffles in another - not piece by piece.
- Also in this group are a type of toffee known as caramels.
- While caramels melt, push Popsicle sticks into stem area of the apples.
- Thick, chewy caramel chocolate covered with a thin layer of milk chocolate (I guess).
- Although we still have financial difficulties, he often brings me a little treat, i.e. caramels or candy or a Tim Horton's fruit muffin.
- Also in Storck's stable is Milkfuls, a hard caramel candy with sweet milky center that bowed in 1998.
- I was about to bake them with just a little sugar, when I saw a little box of salted butter caramels on the counter, a souvenir from Brittany, and thought I would use a few to sweeten the fruit instead.
- And unless you're planning on heading to the coastline of Brittany, I know of nowhere else where you can get the superb CBS caramels from Le Roux, the best caramel-maker on earth.
- My friends partook of the hot dogs that came off the rotating warming rack but I stuck to a soda and M & Ms or the candy-coated milk caramels called Sugar Babies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.