In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anhídrido carbónico masculinebióxido de carbono masculinedióxido de carbono masculineto reduce carbon dioxide emissions — disminuir las emisiones de anhídrido / bióxido / dióxido de carbono
- Partial pressures of ethylene and carbon dioxide were checked regularly during the treatments.
- It also accounts for over a quarter of a million tonnes of carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas.
- This difference makes it possible for organisms to build up carbon compounds from carbon dioxide.
- Thus in severe exercise we exhale more carbon dioxide than the oxygen we absorb.
- These can be used to tackle climate change by absorbing carbon dioxide, and also as a replacement for mineral oil.
- If carbon dioxide is not absorbed in sufficient quantities, this will make global temperatures rise.
- When carbon dioxide from the air combines with rainwater, a weak carbonic acid is formed.
- It is the only beer in which carbon dioxide and nitrogen are present.
- So one huge mountain of this stuff in every mine and it's absorbing carbon dioxide.
- A surprise inspection by the EPA found that we were releasing too much carbon dioxide into the air.
- It does not produce any more carbon dioxide than the methane that we already have.
- The second mechanism is keeping the already produced carbon dioxide through correct breathing.
- Air is made up of three main types of gases: oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen.
- The carbon dioxide absorbed by the rape seed plants as they grow compensates for that produced when it burns.
- When harmful gases like carbon dioxide are released into the atmosphere they form a dense layer around the earth.
- Using energy, mainly by burning fossil fuels, produces waste carbon dioxide.
- For example, plants give out oxygen and animals expel carbon dioxide and methane.
- Because we would be producing alcohol instead of carbon dioxide and lactic acid whenever we respired.
- Normally wine is protected from air during fermentation by the blanket of carbon dioxide produced.
- This fixed air is carbon dioxide, into which carbonates decompose when heated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.