In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1impacto de carbono masculinehuella de carbono feminine
- If it's not available through your utility, you can still buy credits online to offset your carbon footprint.
- Reducing our carbon footprint would mean giving up, not merely our SUVs, but many of the little things Americans enjoy.
- In the U.K., the CarbonNeutral Company works with banks and building societies to offer a carbon-neutral mortgage, which provides for the planting of enough trees to cover the carbon footprint of the home and lifestyle of its occupants.
- Think of your carbon footprint and say an environmentally friendly ‘no’ to patio heaters.
- In this world, the idea that the personal is political was not about one's carbon footprint or concerns about eating meat or using pesticides in the garden.
- Yes, disposing of a perfectly good appliance is not great for your carbon footprint.
- There will be significant planning issues but we are determined to reduce our carbon footprint.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.