In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1compensación (económica) por emisiones de carbón feminine
- A spokesman for Friends of the Earth said: "Carbon offsetting is being promoted as an excuse to carry on flying."
- Is carbon offsetting a responsible way to reverse the effect our lifestyle has on the planet - or just a sop to our consciences?
- Carbon offsetting allows people to compensate for the greenhouse gas emissions by purchasing credits from pollution-reduction projects.
- An information booth will raise awareness on the subject of carbon offsetting among participants; they will have the possibility to learn about the amount of emissions they caused.
- British Airways already offers carbon offsetting on its website.
- Carbon offsetting was first made fashionable by the climate change company charity Future Forests, which started at the Glastonbury music festival five years ago.
- What do you think: are we being conned by carbon offsetting or is it a responsible way to reverse the effect our lifestyle has on the planet?
- The founders swear there will be no talk about carbon offsetting or other long-term ideas but practical advice on how to improve an organisation's impact right now.
- Carbon offsetting supposedly allows people to compensate for the carbon emissions of activities like lights, electricity, car mileage.
- It says it is the first to incorporate carbon offsetting into the ticket-buying process.
- I was trying to get to grips with the European carbon permit scheme, carbon offsetting and trading the other day.
- However, neither carbon offsetting nor individual lifestyle changes will halt climate change.
- There are a number of organisations now offering carbon offsetting for companies and individuals, which simply neutralise your carbon footprint.
- The escalating climate change crisis and the need to reduce carbon dioxide emissions have led to an explosion in schemes offering ` carbon offsetting '.
- Is carbon offsetting an adequate mechanism to confront climate change?
- Environment groups claim carbon offsetting through tree-planting has become a fashionable way of showing concern for global warming but has little or no long-term effect.
- I foresee a sweaty dystopia in which you will have to engage in carbon offsetting every time you make a trip to Waitrose.
- Carbon offsetting may make us feel better about flying, but anyone who thinks it will save the planet - as the prime minister does - is dreaming.
- Rob Bell balances the myths and realities of carbon offsetting.
- But in our third world, the marjority of the population wouldn't be prepared to pay for carbon offsetting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.