1(rock/layer) carboníferothe Carboniferous period — el período carbonífero
- The northern margin of the fold-thrust belt is composed of sedimentary sequences of Middle to Upper Devonian and Carboniferous rocks.
- The surface structure, especially in the Zilair Nappe and the Carboniferous and Permian sediments that form the frontal structure in the west, is well constrained by field data.
- The Cretaceous rocks that occupy the southern part of the block between the TLF and fault A are partly overthrust by those of Carboniferous age in a SW direction.
- The polarity of the postulated Carboniferous subduction at Alexander Island is unknown.
- Fossils of the group are mostly Cenozoic, though some Permian and Carboniferous fossils are also known.