In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1juego de cartas masculinejuego de naipes masculine
- The monthly card game takes place on the first Monday night of each month.
- His attention was torn away from the card game as he heard raised voices from across the room.
- The card game Don, which is played in various forms in Ireland and Britain, is a descendant of the old game of All Fours.
- All card players should take note that there will be a card game as usual in the O'Brien hall on Christmas nights.
- Have you ever watched someone play a card game when s/he doesn't understand the rules?
- Wang later wins some money in a card game with some small time gangsters, but they mug him and take back their money.
- They had been playing the card game for about forty minutes when the speakers crackled into life and a funny voice was heard.
- Another card game will take place next Sunday evening in Glenhest Community Hall and all are welcome.
- For ten or fifteen minutes I was happy and awake, enjoying a good card game with my friend.
- Bridge players will tell you that it is the best card game ever invented.
- Thanks to all those who sponsored prizes and those who both raffle tickets but could not attend the card game.
- The card game in Shanagolden Hall each Friday night attracts a good number of players from the parish.
- He had spent most of the night playing a boisterous card game and running around filming people with his video camera.
- Cribbage is a card game that lends itself to a solitaire of strategy, perhaps better than any other.
- These guys are too drained even to cope with the interaction of a friendly card game together.
- She had been drinking all night during the card game she was hosting in their apartment.
- Asked for a reason for the killings, Ma reportedly told police that they accused him of being a cheat in a card game.
- It is a collection of variations of the traditional card game Spades.
- Thanks to all who supported the card game in aid of Ballycroy Social Services last Friday night.
- The next card game will take place tonight Tuesday in the Brown Memorial Hall, Foxford.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.