In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine titulartarjetahabiente feminine Mexico Venezuela
- The amount of money owed by cardholders on their credit cards has more than doubled in the last four years.
- Often, they charge £25 or more to cardholders who exceed their credit limit, make a late payment or have a payment returned unpaid.
- Credit-card companies besides American Express offer stand-alone insurance to cardholders.
- AIB is one of the market leaders in Ireland for credit cards, with 600,000 cardholders.
- Credit-card companies often will waive late fees for longtime cardholders in good standing when requested.
- These are produced when the genuine data in the magnetic strip on one card is electronically copied without the legitimate cardholder's knowledge.
- About two-thirds of us have credit cards, and the average cardholder spends £350 a month on their two or more cards.
- The new cards will be issued on a phased basis with the majority of cardholders receiving them from their bank or credit card provider between now and the middle of next year.
- Criminals then go shopping with a copy of a credit or debit card with cardholders unaware of the fraud until a statement arrives showing purchases they didn't make.
- The law states that cardholders are not liable for fraudulent transactions as long as the original card is still in their possession.
- Some credit-card firms have started charging upfront fees to cardholders who wish to transfer balances from other cards.
- The average cardholder has more than seven credit cards.
- In spite of this, most credit card issuers still fleece their cardholders with sky-high rates.
- I am the primary cardholder, but she had the cards.
- Payments made using a credit or debit card when the cardholder is not present are not affected by Chip and PIN and therefore are exempt from the liability shift.
- Most fraud on stolen cards takes place in retailers before the cardholder has reported the loss.
- It also saves cardholders from exposing their credit limits or account balances to potential cyber criminals lurking in the anonymity of the web.
- Since we're busy accruing miles on her frequent-flier account, my wife is the primary cardholder.
- Around half of all credit cardholders pay off their debt in full each month, so the real figure for credit card debts is much higher.
- It will act as a debit card, with cardholders placing money in their account that can be accessed to make purchases over the internet or to buy goods overseas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.