In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(condition) cardíaco(surgery) cardiovascular
- These mice are characterized by polycythemia but have normal blood pressure, heart rate, and cardiac output.
- If you've had a heart attack, other heart condition or heart surgery, cardiac rehabilitation may help get you back to leading as active and productive a life as possible.
- Once cardiac arrhythmias, structural heart disease, and non-cardiac causes of syncope have been ruled out, head up tilt testing is usually the first line of testing.
- The evidence suggests that common antidepressants can safely reduce the risk of recurrent heart attacks in depressed cardiac patients.
- Patients then underwent a coronary angiogram and electromechanical mapping of the heart in a cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Two days after the cardiac injury, the hearts of all the rats were removed and examined.
- For example, after a heart attack or cardiac surgery, minor muscular chest aches and pains may be misinterpreted as evidence of angina, leading to unnecessary worry and disability.
- In these patients, the heart rate, cardiac output, and blood pressure rise appropriately in response to exercise.
- We determined cardiac reactivity by averaging heart rate in the 20 seconds immediately after presentation of the stimulus.
- The decrease in cardiac output that accompanies heart failure also leads to significant reductions in renal blood flow.
- The cardiac exam revealed distant heart sounds without murmurs or gallops.
- Heart palpitations and cardiac arrhythmias are common problems encountered by family physicians.
- High output failure occurs when the cardiac output of the heart remains significantly elevated for a long period.
- A temporary pacemaker may be required in the short term for certain individuals after a heart attack, during cardiac surgery or general anaesthesia.
- New labeling information includes: post-marketing reports of heart attacks, sudden cardiac deaths, and hypertension.
- Fewer than half of the patients referred to emergency departments and cardiac outpatient clinics have heart disease.
- He survived a near fatal heart attack and subsequent cardiac surgery, only to succumb to motor neurone disease.
- With the fall intravascular volume, there is diminished venous return to the right heart, low cardiac output, and a drop in systemic blood pressure.
- When nurses went to his room, they found a ‘flat line’ on the cardiac monitor and no heart rate, the report said.
- Several cardiovascular problems may be caused by electrical injury, including vessel rupture, cardiac arrest and cardiac arrhythmias.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.