1pecado capital masculine
- The first complete medieval allegory, it depicts a world in which we are constantly at war with our own sinfulness, a struggle of faith between the cardinal virtues and the cardinal sins.
- I had committed the cardinal sin of pride and this was my punishment.
- The cardinal sins are good, everyday vices-pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth.
- These three cardinal sins require martyrdom because of their intrinsic severity, and not because of the punishment prescribed for them.
- Sixteenth century penitential books, which played an enormous part in popularising the concept of the cardinal sins through sermons and penance, continued to list eight sins rather than seven.
- These seven ‘deadly’ sentiments don't consign us to hell or block spiritual progress, as the cardinal sins are said to do.
- After all who has never experienced the seven cardinal sins of Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Avarice, Envy, Pride or Lust before?