In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carrera femininehe made a career for himself in journalism / as a journalist — se abrió camino como periodista
- before noun careers adviser — orientador (profesional)
- before noun careers counsellor — orientadora (profesional)
- careers office — oficina de orientación profesional
- career path — trayectoria profesional
- career guidance — orientación profesional
- career diplomat — diplomático de carrera
- career girl/woman — mujer de carrera
- Its goal is to get Waterloo students thinking about the opportunities a career in the tax field creates for them.
- There are some careers where a significant surname is all you need - being an aristocrat, for example.
- Teaching is recognized as a career with unique opportunities and satisfying experiences.
- She knew she would be retiring shortly from the Royal Ballet and welcomed the opportunity to diversify her career.
- After 11 years of internal medicine and cardiology, he opted for a career in occupational medicine.
- You should also contact your local careers office/centre for information and advice on careers and learning opportunities.
- This symposium will discuss some of the careers and opportunities in biotechnology.
- As a young man David McInroy had to come to terms with the fact he was not destined for a career as a professional footballer.
- In keeping with tradition, our February issue focuses on careers and opportunities.
- Because people now tend to have multiple careers, this transition period could come at any age.
- It kind of solidifies the buzz around your career and makes more opportunities open to you.
- Having more control over their careers and financial opportunities is within their grasp.
- This could benefit the stream of outgoing students in their hunt for new careers and novel opportunities.
- Now, he says, he wants to give other youngsters an opportunity of a glittering career, too.
- After all, most professionals choose their career; they act under their own volition.
- So Jan seized the opportunity for a new career as a tour manager, helping groups of tourists get the most out of their holidays.
- You decide to take on new opportunities that enhance your career.
- The son of a wig maker, Lallemand saw a military career as an opportunity for social advancement.
- Visitors will be able to pick and choose from the hundreds of available careers and training opportunities.
- Students were also given the opportunity to discuss careers with the regiment team.
1ir a toda velocidada truck careered toward us — un camión se nos vino encima a toda velocidad
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.