In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It increases the fluoride content of the enamel of newly erupted teeth, thereby increasing the resistance of these teeth to caries.
- There's quite a lot of literature that goes back even to the '40s on the association of the consumption of dairy products with low experience of tooth decay or dental caries.
- Any situational factors should be corrected, and dental malocclusion and caries should be treated.
- Systemic fluoride is one of the most effective tools in the prevention of dental decay and has been shown to reduce caries in young children by 40 to 50 percent.
- Water fluoridation was associated with an increased proportion of children without caries and a reduction in the number of teeth affected by caries.
- Dental caries or sugar-bacterial tooth decay is largely preventable.
- Dental caries develop and may progress rapidly.
- Institutionalised elderly people are more likely to have fewer teeth but more gross caries and root caries than other elderly groups.
- Plastic coatings placed by a dental professional in the pits and fissures of the permanent teeth can help reduce caries.
- For example the Dental School at the University of Queensland is a leader in elucidating the causes and solutions for dental decay, caries.
- Teeth are damaged by caries, wear, failed restorations, trauma, and congenital and developmental defects.
- Fluoride hardens the tooth enamel, helping to ward off the most common childhood oral disease, dental caries, or cavities.
- The most common chronic disease of childhood is early childhood caries (dental caries in children younger than six years).
- There also will be worse staining of the teeth and some risk of tooth loss from caries because of the sugar in chewing tobacco.
- Untreated caries in primary teeth may lead to caries in permanent teeth and a possible loss of arch space.
- Reversible pulpitis is mild inflammation of the tooth pulp caused by caries encroaching on the pulp.
- Since processed maize is highly cariogenic, dental caries and resulting tooth loss increase with the adoption of maize agriculture.
- In other research, scientists will test the theory that there are natural antibodies in epithelial cells lining the mouth that protect against dental caries.
- No research assesses the effectiveness of a primary care physician-supplied parental counseling intervention in preventing dental caries.
- Dental caries or tooth decay remains the single most common disease of childhood that is neither self-limiting nor amenable to short term medical treatment and yet is preventable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.