1(nun/friar) carmelitaCarmelite house — convento carmelita masculine
- The importance of community is central to Carmelite life. All Carmelites are called to live in community and Father Joseph reflected upon the importance of this.
- John of the Cross was a 16 th-century Spanish mystic and Carmelite priest.
- A Jesuit uncle, then chaplain to the Seattle community of Carmelite nuns, made an emergency appeal for prayers.
- St. Joseph's Pontifical Seminary was started in 1682 by Carmelite missionaries in Varappuzha.
- She was prioress of the first reformed Carmelite convent in France, and spread the teachings of the founder of the French School, Pierre de Berulle, through the movement.