In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They must curb their carnal cravings and submit to the will of the Lord.
- The pair were so engrossed in their carnal activities that they did not even notice Loren.
- For him, though, there's no competition between carnal and spiritual desires.
- The majority of the men who frequent dance-halls go there with nothing but carnal thoughts in their minds.
- This scene gives us our first sighting of Lord Summerisle as well as introducing the more carnal aspects of island life.
- Satin is sensual and carnal (think satin sheets), but also associated with ritual.
- But in this struggle it is not the carnal desires that always triumph as some people imagine.
- Islam requires that both women and men adopt modest dress that does not inflame carnal desire.
- Here you will find a room of elegantly erotic mosaics, and sentimentally carnal ceramics.
- The videos apparently distract the viewer's attention from the song to the meaningless portrayal of carnal desires.
- He took up with a girl who, as well as carnal favours, supplied him with rationed beer and contraband Craven As.
- The Wooden Frock is from the Cinderella shelf of the library, the slipper here replaced by the more carnal symbol of a wedding ring.
- And yet to me to love in a carnal sense was at any rate to enjoy a triumph over countless rivals.
- In these works, the wolf-man emerges as a kind of romantic anti-hero, torn between social mores and carnal desire.
- When Sam's not being offered carnal delights, he is being offered other vices.
- Shopping in our humble opinions is a divine pleasure in its own right and its reputation can only be sullied by likening it to more carnal activity.
- It is carnal need, which, by coincidence, is an important part of the expression of love.
- I wish they would spend time making the characters as real as their carnal activities.
- Sensuality is only carnal when it is used indiscriminately, for self-defeating gratification.
- The King portrayed a female vagrant, complete with a garbage bag dress, who goes after a man in hope of satisfying her carnal desires.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.