In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was a bouquet of flowers, white carnations, with just the very edges of the petals dyed a bright cerulean blue.
- They wore fuchsia pink bodice top and skirt and carried matching bouquets of pink and white carnations.
- Double Delight has flowers as complex as carnations.
- Her shroud was covered in red and white carnations, an icon placed on her breast, while candles burned at her head and feet.
- Willow trees swayed gently besides the house, offering shade; she could make out a showcase of white lilies and golden carnations behind the foggy windows of an adjacent greenhouse.
- To the left and right were carnations, daffodils, orchids, and every species of flower Althia could recognize and some she couldn't.
- It was summer when I was there, and beds of dahlias, marigolds, carnations, violets and pansies painted the entire garden in rich reds, purples, yellows and blues.
- It had the most beautiful carnations, lilies, white and blood red roses I had ever seen.
- In the galleries, export market cut flowers such as anthuriums, orchids, carnations, heliconiums and gerberas attracted a large number of people.
- Stitched with colorful silk threads on a wool ground, primarily in cross-stitch, it features an acorn and carnation border, three wide floral bands, and averse.
- Hundreds of wreaths, mainly made up of seasonal flowers such as carnations, chrysanthemums, lilies and gerbera were laid in his memory
- This unique hybrid features large balls of blooms that resemble carnations in a charming white cream color.
- Mention the names carnation, pinks or sweet William and most gardeners will immediately recognize the family of plants.
- One also does not give white asters or carnations in Switzerland.
- Choose flowers with full heads like dahlias, carnations, chrysanthemums and daffodils.
- She also enjoyed flowers adorning the Keegan home with a variety of flowers, with white carnations being her favourite.
- This arrangement takes red roses and carnations and surrounds them with blue larkspur and white mini carnations and snapdragons.
- It was a work of art, four feet in diameter comprised of orchids, lilies of the valley, hyacinths, arum lilies and white carnations.
- Other skills, such as cultivating onions, giant leeks, melons, carnations, fuchsias and roses for competition, are honed on allotments.
- Participants learnt advanced techniques in producing and protecting roses, orchids, gerberas, anthuriums and carnations.
1(color)rosa vivo masculine(dress/wallpaper) rosa vivo
- The skirt was ‘a loose undergarment, full gathered, of carnation, striped with silver and parted with a golden zone’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.