In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This knowledge is not carpentry, working in wood or brass or farming.
- One of the most common occupations of skilled slaves and freedmen was that of carpentry, or more generally any of the construction crafts, including masonry.
- He loved carpentry and working with wood and many of his creations can be found today in homes all around this region.
- But most kits are pretty well laid out and come with plans and some sort of instructions, so you and a couple of helpers can do the work with basic carpentry skills and tools.
- I know some carpentry, but I know nothing about electrical or plumbing or roofing.
- In those days many working men - and in particular those with carpentry skills - manufactured dartboards out of elm or poplar wood as a sideline.
- When working with pressure-treated lumber, use the same types of precautions as you would with any other carpentry and woodworking processes.
- This summer, Old Sturbridge Village has expanded its regular woodworking demonstrations to include carpentry.
- When I first started my career in carpentry, building a set of stairs seemed like a complicated and daunting task.
- Framing walls is known in construction as rough carpentry.
- His parents transferred him to a vocational program in carpentry at his high school with the hope that he would find the schoolwork easier.
- The committee and officer will be responsible for selecting people from the community who will go for training in skills like building and carpentry before starting work on the projects.
- Truly designed with the average parent or grandparent in mind, this playhouse project requires no complex knowledge of woodworking or carpentry.
- Like carpentry, writing is a craft; the more you do it, the easier and better you get.
- Fortunately, the basic carpentry skills and tools required make this project within reach of most homeowners.
- There will be a small-scale industry in carpentry and joinery, as well as brick making which might also absorb the orphans upon completion of their courses.
- Most of the stay-at-home fathers spoke about work they were doing on the house, landscaping, carpentry, woodworking or repairing cars.
- It's very satisfying work and very doable if you have basic carpentry skills and the right tools.
- You don't need to be a master carpenter, but some basic carpentry skills are required.
- They have non-farm related hobbies: Ann sings, Gerry hunts and does carpentry and woodworking, the kids play sports.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.