In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anacardo masculinecastaña de cajú feminine Latin Americanuez de la India feminine Mexico
- Peanut flour is a cheaper alternative to almond or cashew nut powder and I know that many take-away outlets are now using it.
- The cashew nut pesto was lost in a cloying sea of sweet chilli syrup.
- The tree bark and leaves of the cashew tree are used medicinally, the roasted cashew nut has international appeal, and even the tough shell around the nut is used in local remedies - although carefully as the shell oil can be toxic.
- Mix the cashew nut powder and saffron thoroughly ensuring there are no lumps left.
- Some authors have suggested that their flavour and texture are comparable with those of the chestnut or cashew nut.
- The bulk section was easy: four different choices of cashew nut, priced by the kilo.
- Eat moderate amounts of nuts that are rich in monounsaturated fat, like hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews, walnuts, and macadamia nuts.
- The prices of jute, potato, soyabean, cashew nut, pepper, rubber, green tea leaves, coconut, groundnut and coffee have fallen sharply.
- Daughter decided this creamy curry with a cashew nut base looked more tempting than the meal she ordered but a mouthful later, decided otherwise. The extra dish had been prepared ‘hot’ and nearly sent her sky high.
- For 15, 50 cashew nut tree seedlings will be sent to a family in Ecuador, a country which saw one third of its cashew nut trees destroyed by Hurricane Mitch in 1998.
- Unroasted nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts make an ideal snack food for would-be slimmers keen to get cracking.
- At night animals came out from behind the trees and destroyed the farmers' cassava, maize and cashew nut crops.
- Switch almonds with Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds.
- Similarly, utilisation of the cashew nut produced in Western Province has not yet been fully realised.
- The 60-year-old man, who had no history of nut allergy, suffered an anaphylactic reaction to a cashew nut just 25 days after he received the liver transplant.
- If you wanted to impart extra flavour to the cashews, you could roast them beforehand, and don't worry if you haven't got a wok, just do it in a roasting tray on top of the gas-ring burners.
- How she loved to crunch them; dry roasted peanuts, macadamias, cashews, pistachios, walnuts and Brazils.
- The cashew nut processing industry is Mozambique's biggest industrial employer, with 10,000 workers.
- Export of cashew nut shell liquid has also shown an increase.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.