In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(process)Art vaciado masculinefeminine fundición
- All the works were unique iron castings; he handled the metal as if it were water.
- Some elements of the structure have been totally recast and some new castings were made by taking dimensions from the Westbourne Avenue fountain.
- He plans to make nine bronze castings up to 8 feet tall, which will be installed singly or in groups among the buildings.
- Michelozzo was responsible for the architectural design and also helped to make the bronze castings for parts of the pulpit.
- While the artist understands how to cast objects in bronze, she has skilled workers in a foundry to make the bronze castings she needs.
- My products are items like metal casting, ball valve and other plumb fitting accessories widely used by all residential properties.
- Glass panels hung beneath the diagonal grid are point fixed by spider castings and silicon sealed.
- Some of these steels, as well as other, similar steels, are produced as forgings or castings.
- Besides it melting abilities, the team have designed the apparatus to produce high-quality platinum castings.
- His scrapers are similarly of delicate and elegant construction with bronze castings, some incised.
- For thousands of years, in fact, foundry workers have made bronze castings of clay models made by sculptors.
- The decorative castings were produced at HMS Sultan in Gosport last summer in what was the last working foundry in the Armed Forces.
- Ropes stopped the castings tipping over at this delicate stage.
- Mechanical properties of permanent mold castings can be further improved by heat treatment.
- The castings produced by them can vary in weight from ounces up to several hundredweights.
- The fuel contents are mixed in 600 gallon bowls, then poured into castings to form a solid.
- The Krishna theme is conveyed through the medium of woodcarvings, metal castings and ivory carvings.
- Most manufacturers will also use solid brass castings, screws and bolts in the construction of their furniture.
- After the castings were attached, the entire frame was gilded in antique gold.
- These areas in southern Nigeria still produce large amounts of bronze castings.
- His work ranges from busts to monumental castings commissioned by civic, church, or corporate clients.
1.2(object)Art vaciado masculinefeminine pieza fundida
2Cinema Theatreselección femininereparto de papeles masculine
3(in angling)lanzamiento masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.