In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tomografía femininetomograma masculine
- We'll need to run a CAT scan to see exactly what is on your brain, and also some other quick painless tests.
- A recent CAT scan demonstrated that Dice's surgically repaired left knee is 90 percent healed.
- Specialized X-rays called CAT scans of the top of a fossil thigh bone show clear evidence that the creature walked upright, like pre-humans, and not like apes, the researchers said.
- There have been significant new diagnostic tools, such as X-ray imagery, CAT scans, mammography, and sonograms, to mention only a few.
- I was strapped to a gurney by the paramedics and rushed to emergency for x-rays and a CAT scan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.