In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In my experience, dairy products such as milk and cheese can induce the formation of mucus and catarrh in a surprising number of individuals.
- It will also help to ease aches and pains associated with winter colds and flu, clearing catarrh and encouraging you to breathe more easily.
- The catarrh produced with throat or tonsil infections can also cause bad breath.
- Atopy is an inherited inclination to develop atopic dermatitis, allergic nasal catarrh, allergic conjunctivitis, or allergic asthma.
- There may be lots of mucus or catarrh in the nose and mouth.
- Twenty-six per cent experienced a reduction in catarrh and 15 per cent reported an improvement in eczema.
- Eucalyptus has for a long time been known as a remedy for easing bronchial problems such as asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, whooping cough and chronic catarrh.
- Some children cannot break free from glue ear while they are full of repeated cold and catarrh, and often begin school unable to speak or hear properly.
- Dairy products are quite common instigators of food sensitivity-related reactions which include a blocked nose, sinus congestion and catarrh.
- They are also more likely to develop glue ear if they have a history of associated problems such as repeated upper respiratory infections (including colds and flu) or nasal catarrh.
- Garlic helps to prevent colds and expel catarrh from the chest, will sooth a nagging cough and relieves the symptoms of sinusitis.
- The main type of drug treatment for catarrh is decongestants, which can be bought over the counter from a pharmacy.
- Today, British allergy specialists concur that a candida overgrowth is responsible for a number of symptoms: gut disorders like itching wind and changed bowel habits, catarrh, some eczemas, arthritis and asthma.
- Dairy products do have a tendency to induce the production of mucus and catarrh around the nose and throat.
- A Scottish doctor in London has made the discovery that in many people it produces appendicitis, catarrh of the stomach and some minor diseases.
- Her diet is strict; she avoids dairy products, which can create catarrh problems for singers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.