In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For purposes of classification they could be divided into five broad categories.
- The main categories of rum are white, golden, dark, spiced and anejo, or aged rum.
- The most widely used algorithms can be grouped into five main categories, as shown in Table 1.
- There were five categories in the competition, which was open to both mainstream and special schools.
- The classification has five broad categories, the focus of this trend analysis.
- The two main categories of positive incentives are price guarantees and mileage bonuses.
- It turns out that a large proportion of the abilities fall under the category of emotional intelligence.
- The Act on Wine now distinguishes five categories of quality wines.
- Only criminals who belong to any of these five categories will have the chance to be punished by community correction.
- All the main tax categories increased with income and corporation tax showing particularly strong surges.
- Essentially, the problems that the prostate gland can develop can be divided into two main categories.
- Honours are up for grabs in five categories - including a Top Tutor award.
- The award is one of the five People's Choice categories voted for by the general public.
- The objections to the licence fell into four main categories, the committee was told.
- Analysis continued until no new major information on the characteristics of the category was forthcoming.
- They have won the competition once and frequently finished in the top five in the residential category.
- Code orange is the second highest of the five alert categories.
- After reviewing scores of nominations, our panel of judges selected two finalists in each of five categories.
- Plus, a category five hurricane is bearing down on the Gulf Coast of the United States.
- There are also separate age group categories usually in five or ten-year bands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.