In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1siluro masculinebagre masculine
- Other fishes, such as catfishes and burbots, probably eat the young shovelnose sturgeons.
- Use the spear for nabbing medium-size freshwater fish like bass and catfish, or ocean fish such as grouper and flounder.
- Especially well adapted to low or nonexistent light levels are several new species of electric fishes and catfishes.
- Many of you will probably be thinking of going over to Spain to sample the carp fishing or to pursue catfish or perhaps even the various barbel forms.
- The presence of year-round rivers also provides Iraq with freshwater fish such as catfish and members of the genus Barbus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.