In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This relieves the obstruction to the flow of urine by passing a urinary catheter to empty the bladder.
- One of the main sources of nosocomial bloodstream infections is intravascular catheters.
- It is often helpful to insert a urinary catheter, so that the diarrhoea can be accurately quantified by recording the stool weight.
- Patients should also have a nasogastric tube and urinary catheter inserted.
- This will involve placing a small rubber tube called a catheter in the abscess to drain out the fluid.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.