In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The general principle is that causation is established if the result would not have occurred but for D's conduct.
- To my mind, the first issue which the judge had to determine was an issue of causation - did the breach of duty cause the damage alleged.
- The criteria for determining causation of serious events were not stated.
- It does not depend on proof of causation of actionable loss.
- But counter-stories and challenges to the causations of such oblivion find little or no public space.
- Rather, liability for injuries has been extended beyond any reasonable definition of causation.
- As the molecular mechanisms of diseases and their causations are increasingly understood, so classifications are increasingly becoming blurred and overlapping, and many diseases are now recognized as being multi-causal.
- It inhibits a phosphorylating enzyme that's crucial in the causation of that particular cancer.
- A breach of duty was conceded but causation of the injury was not accepted.
- Yet, by the end of the semester, this was the book that most illuminated their understandings of the complex causations behind forest change.
- The present study confirmed the harmfulness of bidis in the causation of lung cancer.
- Since this was a correlational study, no causations can be assumed regarding self-esteem.
- Where we say the trial judge eventually failed is that he did not make a determination as to causation in this case.
- But if you put it on that basis, your causation has not necessarily been determined.
- Take a standard case of mental causation: your headache causes you to go to the cupboard to get an aspirin.
- A jury could reasonably decide that causation had been established, given the evidence.
- We searched Medline using strategies for studies of causation and aetiology described by McKibbon.
- Moreover, in simple causation the second event does not occur unless the first event has occurred.
- In conclusion, this study has shown smoking as the principle risk factor in the causation of lung cancer among men.
- The mere presence of viral particles does not establish causation of autism: it may be an incidental finding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.