1sosa cáustica femininesoda cáustica feminine
- One of the washing processes involves using sulphuric acid and caustic soda which can destroy car engines.
- Scottish Water admitted allowing a discharge of sodium hydroxide - or caustic soda - from their water treatment works at Bonnycraig near Peebles into a local stream in June last year.
- Chemical experts attended to supervise the pumping of the caustic soda into another tanker and officials from the Environment Agency also carried out inspections.
- Sodium hydroxide, NaOH, also known as lye and caustic soda, is one of the most important of all industrial chemicals.
- Fire chiefs said it was ‘only by luck’ no-one was injured by the yellow substance, found to be a mix of caustic soda and hydrochloric acid.