In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Any bleeding is immediately cauterized with an arthroscopic electrocautery tip.
- Where did they find the instruments needed to cauterize wounds?
- The heat cauterizes the wound; there's little chance for infection
- The man cauterized the wound, stopping the blood loss.
- All of her wounds had been cauterized by the flash burns, which kept her from bleeding to death.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.