In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espeleología feminineto go caving — hacer espeleología
- John is apprehensive because he has done little caving, and doesn't like tight crawls.
- Over the past 40 years Bewerley Park instructors have given hundreds of young people their first experience of caving.
- That's not to say that caving isn't something for a beginner.
- There was talk of caving but it soon gave way to a warm fire and pints and cold beans (for Tim).
- Some examples of the specialized equipment typically used in vertical caving are shown below.
- This area is quite naturally a magnet for rock-climbers and walkers, and other popular activities include mountain biking and caving.
- Bradford Council is looking at the possibility of reopening some enclosed tracks and allowing some limited caving.
- Older people who are keen to stay active are being offered the challenge of caving, gorge walking and canoeing all in the same week.
- After a desperate week at work I was desperate to get to the Dales for some desperate caving.
- Hopefully, you have all had a summer full of adventure - in particular full of exciting caving.
- There they got the chance to try out crafts and creative arts, skating, quad bike riding, climbing walls, mock caving and a giant inflatable obstacle course.
- Chris and I knew we weren't up to more hard caving, and thought it would be fun to join an easier CRF trip the next day.
- Detailed are the gritty nuances of caving that the average tourist never experiences: the tightness of squeezes, digging for air flow, and pushing for passages.
- As it is a long way away, the trip would probably involve some other caving as well as other outdoor pursuits.
- Unlike mountaineering, which it is often compared to, caving is very much a team effort.
- They said they packed in abseiling, caving and night orienteering into their two-day stay and hoped to raise money to go back there.
- Thanks to Rich and Dave for a cracking re-introduction in to the world of caving.
- By now caving was the main thing in my life and I was getting ambitious.
- Sam had told me that if I wasn't impressed by this then I should give up caving.
- It is the epitome of Dales Caving, and is sporting vertical caving at its very best.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.