In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These animals are thought to survive only if ice is confined to their body cavity and other extracellular spaces.
- Sinuses are air-filled, hollow spaces or cavities within the facial bones surrounding your nose.
- Some of the pages had been hollowed out, and hidden within the cavity lay a single gold ring, as plain and simple a piece of jewellery as the first.
- Fill the cavities of the peaches with the mixture.
- An arrowhead was discovered in the body cavity of another female skeleton, suggesting she died in battle.
- Put each apple on a large piece of foil and fill the core cavities with the mincemeat mixture.
- Retention of water and fluid in the abdominal cavity gives rise to local distension.
- The walls are a feat of engineering, with short flights of stairs within the hollow cavity reaching higher galleries.
- It consisted of filling the empty space of cavities with hydrogen atoms and drawing the surface contour of the H atoms.
- The infection can also spread into the abdominal cavity causing pain and inflammation around the liver.
- The size of the pump is restricted by available space in the abdominal cavity.
- Nests are built in natural cavities, usually within six feet of the ground.
- A larger nozzle will periodically fill the wall cavity as the structure begins to rise.
- This type is often used for empty wall cavities in existing buildings.
- Mold flow analysis was used to ensure that the cavity would fill without problem.
- Endoscopes - a camera device with a light attached - are usually used to look inside a body cavity or organ.
- The effects of this fracture depend on its size and location within the orbital cavity.
- This cavity may then be filled with coal, calcite, siderite, or any other form of sediment.
- Spawning takes place between December and March, with eggs being laid in rock cavities or empty bivalve shells in shallow water or even on the shore.
- Many species of wildlife require openings or cavities in standing trees for nesting or shelter.
- Many common pathologies were observed including tooth cavities and osteoarthritis.
- He said dentists do far more than fill cavities and polish teeth.
- Oral diseases such as gum inflammation, cavities, tooth decay and other infections should be treated early.
- The dentist may put fluoride on your child's teeth to prevent cavities.
- Dentists, of course, are concerned about soft drinks and cavities, or caries.
- Severe cases result in cavities and the need to pull all the front teeth until the permanent ones grow in.
- Teeth develop cavities when they lose minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.
- He described techniques for scraping out caries and filling the cavities with soft metals such as tin, lead, or gold.
- I can't say that the pop quiz was total murder, but I would rather get a cavity filled.
- I know two mothers with toddlers who nurse several times a night and have extensive tooth decay and cavities.
- Fluoride ions in low concentrations have been shown to prevent cavities in teeth.
- It's to detect cavities within your teeth and problems with your gums, tongue and mouth.
- It was an intense experience to be sure, like getting your cavities filled at the dentist office.
- If the teeth are not cleaned properly they may be vulnerable to tooth decay causing cavities, or to gum disease.
- Most parents ignore cavities in children's teeth, which is one major reason for many children being poor eaters.
- This mixture, initially the texture of wet sand, is placed into the tooth cavity.
- It is for this reason that you should visit your dentist regularly as small cavities are much easier to treat than advanced decay.
- If you have not been to a dentist recently or are concerned your teeth may have cavities please advise your nurse or doctor.
- She shook her head and told him that two of her lower teeth had cavities.
- Dental cavities have been filled with gold since ancient times.
3Anatomycavidad feminineabdominal cavity — cavidad abdominal
- nasal cavity — fosa nasal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.