In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To this end, QuadriSpace Presenter also has tools to create self-running CD-ROMs and interactive Internet movies.
- Mr Adams said the material seized by the police from the party's office included a floppy disk and a CD-ROM.
- Put the drive you are installing from, either the floppy or the CD-ROM, ahead of your hard drive.
- When a book is no longer going to be published, it gets archived to a CD-ROM or a DVD.
- The FBI tells us it saved the world by seizing ‘floppy disks, CD-ROMs and other related equipment’.
- Over 600,000 copies of pirated, silkscreened Norton Antivirus CD-ROMs were found, Symantec said then.
- It is understood the CD-ROM contained instructions and source code for writing viruses.
- What shall we do with all of those computer disks and CD-ROMs that inundate our mailboxes?
- These can then be published via standalone CD-ROMs, floppy disks, and screensavers or published in web format.
- The client had trouble with her CD-ROM and had the computer apart in order to do more troubleshooting.
- Both of these attacks can be easily subverted by booting the affected computer from a CD-ROM.
- There may be CD-ROMs, videos, audio cassettes and computer games available.
- Modern motherboard chipsets will boot from a CD-ROM more easily than a floppy diskette.
- The data come on a DVD or series of CD-ROMs and include GIS software.
- Many people are producing Shakespeare hypertext CD-ROMs and Shakespeare Web sites, as well as on-line sources for other Renaissance materials.
- The difference between DVD-ROM and DVD-Video is comparable to the difference between CD-ROMs and audio CDs.
- Some 180 officers took part in the raids and seized 86 computer systems and more than 3,000 CD-ROMs and videos.
- I need information on how to create a floppy that will allow me to load Linux from a CD-ROM.
- All you have to do is remove the CD-ROM or floppy drive and put a battery in its place.
- A ‘retro’ virus which spreads by floppy disks and CD-ROMs is spreading across Scandinavia.
- compact disc read-only memory
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.