In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1celeridad feminine formal
- An individual's crime calculus is influenced by three factors: certainty, severity, and celerity of punishment.
- She knows how to pack the energy inside her lines and irregular stanzas with startling celerity and agility.
- Coerced abstinence reflects a shift in emphasis from the severity of potential sanctions for continued drug use to a focus on the certainty and celerity of consequences of use as the primary mechanism for changing offender behavior.
- Nowhere does fear do its work with more celerity and less constraint than in the financial markets, which often flee even from their own shadows.
- The overwhelming celerity with which the everyday perpetually transforms its packaging, the excessively rapid turnover of signs has condensed our historical perspective.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.