- Marriage has many pains, says Johnson in Rasselas, but celibacy has no pleasures.
- During the ceremony they will commit themselves to celibacy, obedience to the church and to a life of prayer and service.
- The early Church saw a debate between the proponents of chastity and celibacy.
- This experience may in part have influenced her commitment to making celibacy a central pillar of Shaker religious practice.
- If you are struggling with celibacy like this, maybe active ministry isn't where you should be?