In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1celular masculinemóvil masculine Spainteléfono celular masculineteléfono móvil masculine Spain
- In addition, satellite telephones are bigger and costlier to buy than cellular phones, and they must have an unobstructed view of the sky in order to work.
- It also supplies chips for cellular phones and networking equipment.
- Such systems include cellular phones, pagers, and digital cameras with wireless communications.
- The use of cellular phones and other wireless devices has been rising exponentially.
- Studies have shown that drivers who use cellular phones while operating their cars are more likely to cause an accident than a drunk driver.
- Around the world, more people have mobile cellular phones than they do fixed phones.
- The bandits also stole three cellular phones and two cordless phones, before escaping in a waiting vehicle.
- The broadbanders are also more likely to have mobile Net access and cellular phones, says SRI.
- It combines the benefits of cordless and cellular phones.
- But the most widespread consumer use of GPS will be in cellular phones.
- Digital cellular phones and cordless phones have not been in use for as long as analog phones in Sweden, and this might be of importance for carcinogenesis.
- Though sailors and fisherman use cellular phones when they can get service, getting a connection can be tough.
- Wireless technologies such as pagers and cellular phones can send and receive e-mail today and are gaining momentum with users worldwide.
- With fixed wireless networks, handsets operate by radio waves, like cellular phones, but can only be used in a fixed location.
- Your customers are going to expect to be able to access that information from their cellular phones, or at least via the Web.
- Fleet operators have expressed their interest in using GPS-capable cellular phones to enhance their operations.
- The main health risks of cellular phones are the radio frequencies that they operate on.
- The company makes money by charging for calls placed to regular land line or cellular phones through a service called SkypeOut.
- Our attempt to quantify the use of cordless and cellular phones produced several methodological problems.
- Indeed for two days Mayor Nagin and his aides were utterly cut off from the outside world by the failure of both their land lines and cellular phones.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.