In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As a rule it is sufficient to give per day three doses of 5 drops of the 6th centesimal potency.
- In the centesimal system of potentisation, one drop of the raw material is diluted or dissolved in 99 drops of the dilutant.
- In this method a single pellet dose of the centesimal potency is used as long as the patient is improving even in the slightest manner.
- Most classical homeopathic practitioners use the centesimal scale of potencies, although a few use the millesimal.
- We therefore calculated this variable as the difference between mean breeding latitude and mean wintering latitude (in centesimal degrees).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.